Our History

Holy Trinity is the oldest Greek Orthodox church west of Chicago, the oldest church within the Metropolis of San Francisco, and the eighth oldest church within the entire Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Divine Liturgy was first celebrated on Christmas Day, 1903. We were chartered in the state of California, March, 1904. 

Since 1903, there have been three Holy Trinity churches; the church at 7th Street near Folsom which was destroyed during the 1906 earthquake & fire, the church at 345 7th Street which today serves the St. Michael Ukranian Orthodox parish, and our present day location at 999 Brotherhood Way, San Francisco.

Autobiography of Father Anthony Kosturos

Remarks by Father Anthony Kosturos on the 50th Anniversary of the St. Sophia Cathedral